Thursday, October 6, 2011

Any one want ice cream?





















This is a 15x12 in impasto painting of ice cream cones. The idea behind this was to keep it simply and create visual texture. The main two medias I used for this was achrilic paint and also a special type of paint that can create texture. I tried to stick to the basics by simply using shadows, color harmony, and texture to make this piece interesting pleasing to the sight. There are a few problems with the cones to where one of them looks a bit off but that I believe was do to me only visualizing and not prepping. I tried to create all of the cones simply from observation and I didn't use any science and measurement.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure about the color of the ice cream but I'm loving the detail on the cones. Overall, I think this piece is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your central idea but the your shading needs to be a little more faded to look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the shadow needing to be more faded. I think this panting is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me feel like they are giant ice cream cones. Like the size of buildings. You did well with the depth. If I were to comment on anything it would be maybe more of a gradient just like everyone above me has said.... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this has so much depth to it. The ice cream cones look amazing and the impasto really adds to it.

    ReplyDelete