Friday, November 18, 2011

Tin Can

This is my first independent work, 12x18 still life done in charcoal. I really enjoyed how this turned down. I tried my best to improve my charcoal abilities during this independent work, to try to capture a more realistic look. I think the only minor thing that I would have liked to make better would be the rope. The reason it did not turn out as well was that the mat fixative I added on top of each layer gave me less and less ability to add more color on top.

5 comments:

  1. You're really amazing at values and shading. The metal looks so realistic and I like the diversity of the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santi, I don't know how you did it or why but the background on this piece really stands out to me. You created almost an imaginary horizon line and then made this amazing drawing with incredible depth! I should really get drawing pointers from you. Congrats on a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The metal looks so realistic! You did an amazing job on this! I, just like Sarah, am amazed by the background and how it has a horizon but it's not an obvious horizon line. You are really amazing at drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece. It makes my eyes happy to look at. Hahaha jk.. but really, I do find this piece incredibly appealing. It looks like Im looking at real tin cans (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I love the realism in the subject but the contrast of that in the newspaper. The white negative space provides a clear clean view of the cans as well.

    ReplyDelete