Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vote for him

This is a 9x12 creation inspired by not only image transfer, but also by Peter Max. I basically took some paper, acrylic paint, and my transfer image and had fun with it. First I created a back ground using red,blue, white, and black. Then I incorporated my image transfer to it and added even more color and pattern on top of that to create a finish art work. The art was created fast, but with passionate strokes which is what Peter Max is all about. What I didn't like was that my image transfer did get a but destroyed in the process of making it, but that was probably my inexperience with the media. Other wise I really enjoyed everything else about it.

2 comments:

  1. Santiago, This looks good. I like how you shaded the face using different colors, and very different colors at that. I also like the frame effect you have going on along the border. The only thing I would change would be to maybe unify the image transfer with the paint focal point in some way. Overall this is good and it looks like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing!! It really ties in your theme of America. I watched how hard you worked with the image transfer. The colors flow well together and I love the detail in the hair. It almost seems real!! Plus, super attractive model. I would vote for him!!!

    ReplyDelete