Monday, March 28, 2011

Freedom

This is a collage inspired by Derek Gores, i titled it "freedom" and its 11x18. I am now developing the theme in my art of American symbols, so the bald eagle is the main subject of this piece. What I enjoyed the most about this work was combining the different magazines pages and putting it all together into what is now "Freedom". I feel like the text freedom is a really good additional to the work because it combines the background with the the main subject, the eagle. The process to make my art was simple cutting out magazines and laying it down on my sheet of paper using watered down glue. I also went in with acrylic paint to add some shade and definition to the eyes.

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Your use of letters and words make the feathers seem almost real. I love the india ink you used to provide shadow under the beak. It really ties your theme together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome! I love this piece it really expresses the word and meaning of FREEDOM. Freedom rules! Great job.

    ReplyDelete