Thursday, September 8, 2011

The punch

This is a 11x17 which I practiced with charcoal to create. I used charcoal, and prisma color to create this. The assignment was to create motion by erasing the charcoal, which you can see by the fist moving. I added an extra layer of thought to this by creating foreshortening with the fist. I was over all very happy with how it turned out, the color really makes the mood of the work. I would say I was not the happiest with the background in this, it feels sorta empty. While i feel like it is empty, it also really adds to the mood because it almost seems like rain which adds to the mood of sad/depressing.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the touch of blue in this and it looks a lot like Larisa and it's usually hard for me to make a drawing look like the actual person being drawn. I also like the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea and execution, I want to say that the blue brick takes away but for some reason it doesn't divert my attention as much as I would think. Does make the motion disappear a bit. Ps. She looks awesome, but her features look kinda funny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the picture produces feeling along with the motion that is set into the piece, But the blue bricks call for an awkward second subject, I also like how the drawing of Larisa in the picture looks a lot like her in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are impressive comments. You have valid points about the bricks. Though it does help to frame the piece, perhaps they are a bit distracting. Santiago, you want to weigh in? Now that I hear these comments, I have mixed feelings. Overall, though, this is a strong piece. Great reflection, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this piece (: it actually looks like me, but the mouth does look a little awkward. But I really feel like the blue bricks help enhance the ring on the finger while throwing the punch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this drawing! I can actually see Larisa punching someone when i see it. I was reading the comments and saw how Larisa said the mouth looks awkward and i wouldnt have seen that if i didnt read the comments. I think everyone agrees that the ring looks amazing with the blue brick wall.

    ReplyDelete