Friday, July 22, 2011

I love my pasta


It;s an 8.5x11 picture of my bowl of pasta, almost cleaned because I like pasta haha. The lighting at the bottom right makes this picture seem a lot lighter then it is, in real life that part gets very close to basically being black. Aside from that I just took a picture and I tried to used achrilic paint to replicate the picture. Considering I am not the best at paint I am very happy with how it turned out, I actually see some improvement in this painting then the last one I did, I am starting to be able to blend colors a lot better. So I am happy I tried to paint again even if it is not my strongest part.

2 comments:

  1. Santiago,
    Thank you for adding the dimensions and the medium. This really helps me get more of an understanding of what you did. What support was it painted on? It looks like a flat surface.

    Your color scheme works. And, you have a dynamic composition, in which the white lines become supportive elements that redirect attention to the center of the plate. As you've stated, you've demonstrated an ability to blend the colors to create subtle gradients. This is a high contrast painting, in which the white highlights help to create form.

    Only suggestion from me would be to check the perspective of the fork and to increase the darkness of the cast shadow it creates.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color scheme, and the subject, and just everything.

    ReplyDelete