Monday, February 14, 2011

My precision


This is a 12 in by 9 in painting of a computer fan using a precisions style. I painted it all with acrylic paint only, and used tape to try to paint in straight lines and keep all objects as geometrically accurate as I could. I used analogous colors to make sure the over all the art had harmony. It was mostly just take a picture that I personally took with a camara and basically tryed to emulate it using percision. What I most disliked about this work or am the best at is painting things the exact way that they look. I used my time wisely but still I think that there is something missing from the peace to tie it all together. I believe that with more time I could have made it all flow better but because there was a dead line I did the best I could.

5 comments:

  1. FIRST!!! This came out really good. You followed the precisionism format really well, even thought you hated it. I love the gradient in the corner too. I can feel the computer chips that you painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting has a good focal point. I like that because I don't have to look all over the place, but I don't really get what the parts around the fan are. I like the yellow wires with the black outline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im glad you added somemore gadgets in the back ground it really added to your piece. your gradient turned out very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the edges look some what of rubber, but it looks cool. The colors you worked with look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the precisionism. The lines look very precise and i like the colors used.

    ReplyDelete