Thursday, March 22, 2012

Calm in the fight


This is a11x9 work I created that was highly influenced by what Sarah showed me. As can been seen, it follows similar patterns in the pack ground, and I created it using water color. I then had to show my drawing skills, so I put a boxing glove in the diamond at the left. I drew it with prisma color, and the contrast between the red and blue I think really stand out. Over all I was really happy with this. I tried a lot of new techniques and it helped me to better understand design students, and also people that are in between design and drawing.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome interaction between two artists. Glad to see you both learning from each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this piece. The background itself amazes me. When you add the boxing gloves on top of that, it's unreal.

      Delete
  2. i love this so much. i love the drawing and the supportive lines you added and the box you put around the gloves really draw my attention. i think it is just ...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this piece. After looking through most of your blog this has to be my favorite so far. I love the colors used and the composition. It really looks like you have experimented here and it certainly turned out to be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you before that this is one of my favorites! I love how you incorporated what Sarah was doing and made it your own. The texture is really cool, and the whole mood created by it makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete