Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happier Times

This is a 14x13 multi-layer painting of a skull. I started out with an expressionist painting layer that compose of achrilic paint and me showing brush strokes. It then progressed into an India ink layer to create definition and differentiation between different parts of the skull. With the India ink I also did some dripping effect to add another layer of thought. I finished out with some oil pastels to try and add some more white to the highlights. I think the best part about this was all the different layers and how the merged into one. The shadow at the bottom of the skull could have been a little better but over all I was very pleased.

2 comments:

  1. I am in a love/hate relationship with this piece. I LOVE the color scheme, being able to use both warm and cold colors in the same piece and still have them harmonize is awesomeee. I don't know what it is that throws me off about it, maybe the horizon line being there, or the black dripps on the skull. DON'T KNOW. I LIKE IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im with sarah on this, idk how i feel about this. im not huge fan of mixing warm and cool colors. and i dont really like the black drips. but the drawing was good.

      Delete